Many an individual wants to be someone with a voice, to call the shots in matters of humanity, to make an exceeding impact in a strange land notwithstanding the ethical bottlenecks that precede the place.
It is noteworthy, however, that the legal profession suits just fine concerning the above criteria. More often than not, it is a profession that is accorded the full purview to weigh the rationalities of man, thereby de-popularizing the mind’s disputes and inordinations that are always hitherto; entrusted to a supreme deity.
In other words, every attorney is a supernatural judicial representative of some sort. Hence the words passed in the court of law has a profound effect of evoking emotions, however latent, even to the vilest of criminals.
A lawyer’s book
A book meant for would-be lawyers is always noted as a larger-than-life tome that can give a cramp when carried about. It’s a commonplace that when people see boring, heavy books with dusty and hard bindings sitting gloomily on ancient shelves, they quickly deduce the owners as being legal practitioners. They are partially wrong in that regards.
While it’s true that lawyers tend to fill their heads to rustiness with books upon books of legal practices, injunctions, and torts, it is erroneous for an ‘outsider’ to altogether forego the contents and purpose of such books. The content makes a book; not the weight.
So one should be inclined to applaud the county attorney no matter the stature for he or she has a reservoir for a head.
What must a lawyer’s book have?
For aspiring lawyers or those who have a penchant for a straitjacket kind of justice served right out the oven. Here are pointers that might pique the interest of the learned comrades. It also encompasses the requirement that must be sought after when choosing a book from the local bookstore or the net.
• It should be historically accurate: The literature should have an element of accuracy that would make it easier, where judicial precedence to be derived from an event for a reference to another, happening at present. Besides being factual to a degree, it should have proceedings to an event that must be annotated correctly for utmost validity.
• It must be erstwhile Logical: Legal papers or law dissertation aids should be sensible in the physical plane of existence. It should elicit general nods of commendation by critics of religion and downright freethinkers. A book on legal matters should be free from prevarications, half-truths, and fables.
Suffice it to say hence, that there is nothing like fantasy or worlds of magic and alternate universes in the archives of a respectable jury. Tolkien and his ilk have no place in the ideals of an attorney’s grey matter. It should be free also of personal sentiments and emotional judgment. A law thesis or dissertation should be open to the reader to draw conclusions… For that exactly would be his/her duty, later on, therefore these books are of law dissertation help.
• Suspense: A work should be suspense-packed, leaving the aspiring advocate or writer of legal paper a chance to deduce appropriately any unfolding story. A good legal dissertation if in prose form should enable the reader to be a detective and harbinger of justice for the settlement of feuds if any between the characters of that work.
Compulsory for the bookshelf of Wannabe lawyers:
• The firm – by John Grisham
• Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
• The constitution of the location of the practice.
• A comprehensive history of the world or more so, the continent where one resides.
• A detailed and well-annotated manual on previous cases, torts, malfeasances, and judicial settings.
• Some crime novels that inspire sleuth and logical thinking.
• An autobiography of outstanding judges and attorneys in the field of the Law.
• Books on languages.
• Journals on the advancement of legal practices to the modern world…….to keep up with the times.
Have a nice appetite; have a wonderful reading adventure!